The CDT has an excellent record of engagement with industry, and of translating academic research results into real-world applications.
Our current CDT industrial & commercial partners are involved in delivering student enrichment courses, helping shape the courses and modules we teach, hosting visits and internships and supervising mini-projects and research projects.
How to become an AIMS CDT Industrial Partner
We always welcome new CDT partners, below are some of the benefits in joining the CDT.
- Work with a world-leading institution
- Expose students and faculty to your challenges
- Access and recruit the best new talent
- Gain access to business contacts that work on similar challenges to you
- Use your association with Oxford University in your promotional material
- Potentially gain access to further areas in the university
There are many ways to engage with the CDT
Training and Events
- Overviews (present your business and sector to our doctoral students)
- Network (Come to AIMS CDT events and meet our other partners)
- Workshops (Present your challenges to our students and researchers)
- Internships (Have a student undertake your 10-12 week research project)
- Research Projects (Have your challenge properly investigated as a 3 year doctoral research project)
- Mini-projects (propose mini-projects the students can work on, with joint supervision from the department)
Our current partners are:
- ABB Switzerland
- BAE Systems
- Google DeepMind
- IBM Afirica
- Ludwig Institute
- Man Group
- Network Rail
- Rhodes Trust
We are continually seeking new industry contacts: please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.